From the pastor
Greetings and welcome to The Heights!
College Heights United Methodist Church is an active, community-minded church in the heart of the Lake Morton neighborhood in Lakeland, Florida. We have open hearts, open minds, and open doors.
All are welcome, so come and worship!
We would love to get to know you and introduce you to our community of believers who long to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the world. Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, we are here to help you take the next step. We offer worship, Sunday school, opportunities for learning and service, and times of fellowship.
We invite questions and conversation within a community of diverse opinions. We'll help you find your answers and journey with you in the unknowing.
I love serving as the pastor of College Heights United Methodist Church! I have been here since 2015 and am grateful for the ministry, mission, and heart of this congregation. Please know that I'm here if you need me.
Blessings, Rev. Beth Gardner
What to expect
- The service starts at 10:30 a.m. and lasts about an hour.
- Our service is traditional with traditional hymns and some non-traditional hymns.
- Communion is served on the first Sunday of every month and ALL are welcome.
- There is no dress code - while some dress up, jeans are certainly OK!
- Our Spanish language service starts at 12:00 and lasts about an hour.
- United Methodist Church FAQs
A nursery is provided during worship, special services, and Sunday School for infants and pre-school children. Two-way radios are available for parents if needed.
Children are welcome to attend worship. Early in the service they are invited to the front of the sanctuary for Children's Time with the pastor. Following that, K-5th graders may attend Children's Church.